It is obvious that Banana is one of the famous fruits on earth and it’s nutrients have made this fruit most people’s preferred fruit.
Due to its abundance of nutrients, bananas are healthy to humans and it is known botanically as Musa acuminata – grouped in the Musacease family.
It is vital to know that bananas are different – some may vary in shape, size and colour. The most common type is the yellow banana, which is green when unripe.
A couple of people are finding it stressful to eat bananas because they do not really know the health benefits of Musa Acuminata.
After reading the ‘just five reasons why you should eat bananas more often’, you will never walk past a fruit shop without getting yourself bananas and other useful fruits.
Just Five Reasons Why You Should Eat Bananas
1. Sufficient Nutrients: Bananas are a rich source of nutrients such as; Copper, Manganese, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6 Potassium, just to mention a few.
It almost has no fats but contains a very little protein. Each banana contains only about 105 calories, and consists almost exclusively of water and carbs.
2. Bananas Moderates Blood Sugar Level: Musa Acuminata contains a fibre called pectin, which gives the flesh its structural form.
Also has resistant starch which behaves like soluble fiber and escapes digestion.
Both resistant starch and pectin may moderate blood sugar levels after refreshments, and reduce appetite by slowing stomach emptying.
3. Musa Acuminata Helps Weight Loss: While it is still not researched that Bananas do help in weight loss, the fruits contain several nutrients that make them considered as a weight loss food.
Unripe bananas have abundance resistant starch, so they serve to be very satisfying and may reduce your appetite
4. Heart Health Support: Bananas may also help in preventing your heart from diseases. Potassium is a mineral that is fundamental for heart health, especially blood pressure restriction.
A potassium-rich nutrition can help moderate blood pressure in the body system, and people who food with plenty of potassium have up to a 27% lower risk of heart disease.
5. They Help Kidney Health: Lastly, Bananas may help to prevent the kidney from cancer or diseases.
This fruit has a good source of potassium and which makes bananas an ideal food for maintaining a healthy kidney.