According to research, everything on earth has advantages and disadvantages and pineapple to have its own disadvantages is not a surprise at all.
In the previous content, we published the health benefits of eating pineapples and how it can help our immune system improve.
Despite making one have good eye vision, excess intake of this fruit can lead to body skin rashes, vomiting etc.
Below are the clear reasons why one should not abuse the intake of pineapple, in a quest to get the fruit’s health benefits.
Five important reasons why you should not eat Pineapple regularly
1. Due to Pineapple’s meat tenderizer, a research reported that eating too much of the fruit can result in the tenderness of the mouth, including the lips, tongue and cheeks.
No need to worry, this effect will have itself wiped off from your mouth in a couple of hours but if it persists to an extent you have difficulty in breathing, contact your family doctor.
2. Due to the abundance of the high amount of vitamin C in the fruit, eating many quantities may induce diarrhoea, vomiting, nausea, abdominal pain or heartburn.
3. Consuming lots of unripe pineapples or drinking unripe pineapple juice is dangerous. It is highly not advisable for one to consume this because it can lead to severe diarrhoea and vomiting.
4. Eating pineapples recklessly can cause skin rashes, diarrhoea, vomiting, and excessive menstrual bleeding. Patients taking antibiotics, blood thinners, tricyclic antidepressants, anticoagulants, anticonvulsants, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, and insomnia drugs should be careful not to eat too much pineapple.
5. Consuming a lot of pineapple cores can also cause fibre balls to form in the digestive tract.