Carrots as a vegetable are widely enjoyed and used widely in the world because they grow easily and are very versatile in a number of dishes and cultural cuisines.
Carrots are classified as a root vegetable and scientifically they are infamously (some country) known as Daucus Carota and can be eaten in different ways.
Nutrients in Carrots
These root vegetables possess great antioxidants which prevent the body from cancer, heart diseases, improve vision and aid food digestion.
However, carrots are a good source of Vitamin A, C, K, and B8, iron, potassium, copper, folate, manganese, pantothenic acid, e.t.c.
Seven Health Benefits of Eating Carrots
1. Lower Blood Pressure: Carrots help in lowering blood pressure due to the presence of potassium, which is a vasodilator and can relax the tension in your blood vessels and arteries
2. Food Digestion: These root vegetables are rich in fiber in their roots and according to research, fiber is one of the best elements in keeping a good digestive health.
3. Prevent several cancers: Research shows that people who eat foods that contain Beta-carotene are less in danger of getting cancer and consuming from 1.7 to 2.7 milligrams per day reduced lung cancer risk by more than 40 percent – a carrot contains about 3 milligrams of Beta-carotene.
4. Improve vision: Our sight gets brighter when one takes enough vitamin A. Study shows carrots are a good source of Vitamin A. Despite improving our eyesight, the vitamin A in our body prevents the eyes from night blindness.
5. Improve Oral health: Saliva is an alkaline element and combats the bacteria which can lead to cavities, halitosis and other oral health treats. Carrots possess an essential amount of mineral antioxidants which helps in reducing saliva and stimulate the gums.
6: Diabetes control: Carrots are a good source of carotenoids, which are good for blood sugar control.
7. Reduce risk of stroke: A study has it that, people who have enough Beta-carotene are in a higher position of escaping stroke. Carrots have a good source of Beta-carotene, a carrot daily reduces the risk of stroke by 70%.