1. You should not stop putting in an effort. This situation occurs when you are so comfortable with someone – all of a sudden you’ll simply stop trying.
This situation will also force you to leave the mentality of encouraging your partner, no memories of birthdays, anniversaries and romantic dates. When your effort is gone, you will also stop trying to impress your partner and you’d just don’t have time to make them feel special. Relationships take work, so even if just one person stops trying it will inevitably crash and burn.
2. Do Not Lose Your Sense of Self: In a relationship, so many people lose who they are. In trying to pretend to fit-in in your spouse’s interests such as hobbies, styles and everything, you shouldn’t lose focus on the things you are made of. It is okay to share what you love with the person you are in love with but no matter how in love you may be with a person, you should still always have yourself and cherish your independence.
3. Do Not Cheat: If you no longer love your partner, call him or her for a break-up conversation rather than cheating. There is no reason to cheat if you see everything you need in that person.
4. Remember your Friends: You entered into a new relationship and all of a sudden, your friends become your obstacles in getting a perfect life with your partner because you are so caught up with that person. Remember, your friends have been in such position before and there is a good chance that they will still be with you when things do not go right because they have stood by your side longer than your spouse.
5. Never compare your partner with anyone else: This is where you get it wrong. The moment you compare your partner, you have started losing the trust in your relationship. There shouldn’t be a moment you should compare your date with your previous one. If your “ex” was perfect, why did the relationship failed to work? Comparing your spouse is a sign of no respect, and I have never seen a promising relationship without respect.
6. Do not try to change who they are: You are getting it all wrong if you try to change who they are. Take them how they are or just leave them, that’s it. You can not force someone to be what he doesn’t want to be, all in the name of “I want him to be the kind of person I wish to have” You are not a creator of being, so it won’t work.
7. Avoid Bringing the past to the present: This is a big NO!!. Never try this when an argument is on. In a promising relationship, one only focuses on the present and not things which happened a long time ago. No matter how brutal a fight might get, you should never bring up an event in the past whether it’s a good event or bad one.
You have to leave the past and never bring it up in a current situation. Maybe your partner cheated on you or fucked things and made it tough for you, you have no right at all to bring it up again and use it as ammunition. You got to leave the past where it belongs.